Strategy 2016 - 2020Discover more
- Increased burden on the financial sector (bank tax, deposit guarantee scheme)
- CRD4 package - additional capital and liquidity requirements
- Bank Guarantee Fund Act
- PSD2 - benefit for new market entrants
- eIDAS - electronic signature
- MiFID2 - sophistication of sale process
POLARISING OF CUSTOMER NEEDS
- Expectation of financial security
- Fascination with new technologies, a growing number of users of new solutions
- Needs shaped by the digitization of social life and by non-bank service providers
- Current structure and growth potential of the Bank’s customer base
- Change in the expectations of Polish undertakings, resulting from their development
DYNAMIC DIFFUSION OF NEW TECHNOLOGIES ON THE POLISH MARKET
- Growing threat of cyber attacks
- Cloud solutions, Internet of Things
- Advanced analytics - monetization of data
- Increase in cost efficiency and organizational efficiency and system process support
- Digitization of access to general public services
- New strategy for Poland’s economic growth
- Necessity to tap into the inner potential of businesses and the economy
- Decreased profitability of the banking sector
- Consolidation of the financial market
- Low birth rate, ageing of the population
Business model expansion
This strategic lever will be implemented through the active monitoring of the domestic market for potential acquisitions, extending the availability of the offer of Group companies, international development supporting the expansion of the Bank’s customers, alliances with strategic partners e.g. through loyalty platforms and cooperation with public institutions through e-State solutions. As part of its effort to become a leader in technological solutions, the Bank also plans to invest in selected new-technology companies.
The Bank will continue to combine creating value for the shareholders with social responsibility and sustainable development. In its daily work, it will integrate business goals with acting on behalf of all groups of stakeholders, at the same time pursuing social initiatives. The Bank’s values and transparent communication will be the key foundations of building a dialogue with customers, employees, shareholders and the community.
Close to the customer
PKO Bank Polski SA will focus on supporting the development of the Polish business, particularly in the segment of small and medium-sized enterprises, as well as on customer satisfaction understood as building lasting relations with the Bank. This will be achieved through a simple and transparent offer, high quality advice, flexible pricing solutions, intuitive and fast sales processes, and a reduction in the volume of paper documentation.
Distribution channels will be developed based on the diagnosed needs of the customer to form a holistic model of multi-channel service system. The Bank will aim at providing consistent customer experience in all channels. These aims will be executed through the continued process of modernization of the network of branches playing a key role in building relations with customer and the market position, as well as further development of remote contact channels and an increase in the number and activity of customer using digital solutions.
The Strategy involves the further improvement of internal processes. Decisions will be made in a fast and efficient manner with the use of high quality data analytics, process automation and dematerialization, innovative identification and authorization methods and preventing bureaucracy.
A well-organized and motivated team will be the key to achieving strategic goals. The Strategy emphasizes the importance of creating a friendly, supportive and open working environment. It will be achieved through motivating leadership, modern knowledge management and promoting solutions that facilitate cooperation with the organization.
Innovation and technology
PKO Bank Polski SA will consistently invest in innovative solutions, actively create new market standards and innovative tools for customers and organizations, strengthen its role as a public trust institution and prevent cyber threats. The Bank will support the development of Polish innovators in the enterprise segment (micro, small, medium and corporate), take part in projects with perspectives and become involved in areas and sectors of the future.
The main events of 2016
Start operating activities by PKO Towarzystwo Ubezpieczeń SA
The PKO Bank Polski as first bank in Europe to start...
Annual financial statements of PKO Bank Polski S.A and...
Rodzina 500+’. PKO Bank Polski customers can apply for the...
PKO Bank Polski SA Group report for the first quarter of...
PKO Bank Hipoteczny made the second benchmark issue of...
PKO Bank Polski submitted a notification application to the...
The stress test carried out by the European Banking...
PKO Bank Polski SA became a strategic partner of the Polski...
PFSA decision on identification of PKO Bank Polski S.A. as...
Presentation of PKO Bank Polski S.A. Strategy 2016-2020 “We...
Acquisition of 100% shares in Raiffeisen-Leasing Polska S.A.
The main events of 2016More events
The PKO Bank Polski as first bank in Europe to start working with Microsoft within the program Enterprise Customers Cyber Threat Intelligence Program (ECCTIP)Discover more
Annual financial statements of PKO Bank Polski S.A and consolidated annual financial statements of PKO Bank Polski S.A. Group for 2015Discover more
Rodzina 500+’. PKO Bank Polski customers can apply for the program through the provision of Internet services iPKO and InteligoDiscover more
PKO Bank Polski submitted a notification application to the Polish Financial Supervision Authority concerning the opening of a corporate branch in the Czech RepublicDiscover more
The stress test carried out by the European Banking Authority showed that PKO Bank Polski is among the safest banks in the EUDiscover more
PKO Bank Polski SA became a strategic partner of the Polski Fundusz Rozwoju (PFR) within the scope of providing the export support offerDiscover more
PFSA decision on identification of PKO Bank Polski S.A. as the other systemically important institution and setting amount of the buffer requirement for the own fundsDiscover more
Presentation of PKO Bank Polski S.A. Strategy 2016-2020 “We Support the Growth of Poland and the Poles”Discover more
Did you know?
PKO Bank Polski facts and information
PKO Bank Polski for nearly one hundred years has been consistently building its credibility, ensuring the safety of entrusted funds and financing the needs of the next generations of Polish families and companies.
The PKO Bank Polski Group
is one of the largest financial institutions in Poland.
The PKO Bank Polski Group
is also one of the leading financial groups in Central and Eastern Europe.
We are a leader in the Polish banking sector in terms of number of current accounts, payment cards issued and the value of mortgage loans.
PKO Bank Polski is one of the safest banks in Europe: 4th place in stress test EBA 2016
Our activitiesDiscover more
- Over 25.3 ths employees
- 77.8% women nad 22.2% men
- Structure of education:
- 71% master degree
- 29% other
- Over PLN 285.6 bn assets
- Over PLN 32.5 bn equity
- 9.2 ml customers
- Printer optimization programs and paper consumption reduction
- Recycling of computer equipment and mobile phones
- Digitization of documents
- BLIK payment system, which became the Polish market standard
- PKO Junior transaction service
- Start-up fintech
- 215 920 participants availed themselves of e-learning formula training
- Over 8 e-learning courses per 1 employee
- 2.5% increase in employee benefits
- Sound capital position: 14.51% Tier 1
- Value for shareholders: PLN 2.9 bn net profit
- Increase in revenues: PLN 11.8 bn consolidated result on business activity
- Efficient operations: cost to income ratio (C / I) in 2016 of 47.4%
- 78,972,192 kWh: electricity consumption (decrease of 2.5%)
- 35.4 Mg: recycling of electrical and electronic equipment
- 5.6 Mg: recycling of metals
- 3 Mg: recycling of magnetic media carriers
- 93.3% of customers satisfied with electronic banking services offered under the iPKO brand (bi-annual)
- 86% of customers appreciates the work of consultants Contact Center (bi-annual)
- Start-up acceleration program
- 4,2 ths the average monthly number of publications about the Bank
- Loans and advances
- Investment securities
- Financial instruments
- Amounts due from banks
- Other services
- Debt securities
- Amounts due to banks
- Other: IT, employees, branch network
- Customer experience
- Optimization of capital management
- Increase in cost efficiency and organizational efficiency
- Regulatory and cyber security
- Digital transformation
Concern for Polish art history and traditionDiscover more
No Title, 1996
Image DCXIII, 1990
Painting, Oil/canvas , 130x100cm
Tree of Good and Evil, 1998
Sculpture, welded steel, height: 500cm, base dimensions: 110x100x90cm
Magnificence of Myself II, 1997
Plate XV, 2002
lithography, dry needle/paper, 75x57.2cm
Birth of the Objects II, 1997
From the eries "Blue", 1992
The Birth, 1993
Che nel destructo, 1988
mixed technique, ink, watercolor, paper, 151x150cm
Drying Stone Elements, 1996
Striving For Light, 1996
sculpture, wood, 170x70x12cm
Professor Leon Tarasewicz, outstanding Polish artist, said:
"PKO Bank Polski is an important institution supporting students from art schools from all over Poland, whereas the Bank's headquarters, where their exhibitions are organised, have become a major venue on the artistic map of Warsaw. It is difficult to find another similar place in Poland which would exert such great influence on the development of art of the young generation."
Michał Jachuła, curator, Le Guern Gallery, Warsaw
"Plein air art workshops organised by PKO Bank Polski, which resulted in exhibitions and publications, have become an important step for young artists in their professional work in the course of studies or shortly after graduation. Cooperation with best art professors, such as Leon Tarasewicz, Jan Gryka, Robert Kuśmirowski and Mirosław Bałka and their students is an unprecedented example of the wonderful culture-forming role of PKO Bank Polski as the patron promoting Polish modern art."